Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Xan!

Xan on Great-Grandma's famous green velvet couch

Xan turned one a couple of weeks ago, but we were out of town and then I was sick so I never got around to posting. I can't believe my baby is already one year old! He is such a sweetheart and the light of our lives. Everyone just loves him and he can charm even the toughest person. He truly has the sweetest spirit and our family is so blessed to have him in it.

Happy Birthday to You!

At his check-up he was 21 pounds, 5 ounces, and 32 inches tall! He's going to be tall and skinny like his dad! He stands on his own and is so close to taking his first steps. He also loves to climb up the stairs, which is a good thing because we have a ton of them. He doesn't like going down the stairs so much, he'd rather be carried. His favorite word is "Momma," of course, because his favorite person is his Momma. He loves food and wants to eat the same stuff that we eat. We have found that he really likes grapes. He has eight teeth, four on top and four on bottom, and is working on two top molars! He also likes to play in the dirt in the houseplants. I think his favorite activity is to take handfuls of dirt and throw it on the floor. He likes toys that make noise or music, and loves to dance. He also likes to play the piano.

"I love cake and ice cream!"

Xan spent his first birthday with Mom, Jacob, Micah, Great-Grandma Wixom, Aunt Mindy, Uncle Dan, Connor and Haylee while Dad was working. Xan did get a shout-out from Dad over the webcast though. Xan loved the cake (chocolate with chocolate frosting that Grandma's home teachers made) and LOVED the ice cream! These are some adorable pictures of his messy face. We were sad that Dad couldn't be there, but we were glad to share Xan's special day with Great-Grandma!
Who couldn't love that face?!

Happy First Birthday Alexander! We love you!

FYI, Grandma hates to have her picture taken, so all the ones with I got her in it only show the top of her head cause she's looking down away from the camera.

11 comments:

DaNette said...

Happy Birthday Xan...wow time flies. First birthday pictures are the best, can't wait to see them!

Shauna said...

OMG! I can't believe his is one already. he is adorable! Happy Birthday Xan!

Jenni said...

He is such a cutie pie. I believe you when you say that he can charm even the toughest person. Happy Birthday Xan!!!

Shanna said...

Happy Birthdy Xan! He is such a handsome boy! I can't believe he's already one. That means Grace will be one right around the corner.
Crystal, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Marianne said...

Wow. A year old! Happy birthday cute boy!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Xan! I can't believe he is already 1! :)

Jill said...

He's such a doll! Happy Birthday Xan. :-)

Carrie said...

what a cutie,

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! I can't wait for him and Carter to be able to play together.

Rachel said...

Awe, so sweet! I can't believe how fast the time goes by! Happy Birthday cute boy!

Linda Barton said...

I can't believe he's one already, next thing you know you will be giving him the car keys.....seriously.