Thursday, January 21, 2010

Poor Baby!

Xan broke his arm last Friday. We're not exactly sure how, but he would whine when we would change his clothes and started favoring his right arm. He was still using it and picking stuff up with it so we didn't think it could be broken. Sunday night I was watching him crawl and saw that he wasn't putting any weight on it, so I decided we needed to take him to the InstaCare. The x-rays confirmed that it was broken, the ulna up by his elbow. Because his arm was a little swollen, they put him in a splint until he could have a cast later.

Today he got his cast on. They did another set of x-rays and it is already healing and can the doctor could barely see the break. We chose red, and he was so awesome while they put the cast on. He just watched them do and didn't fuss a bit.
We all signed his cast. He should get it off in two weeks. He was so brave through the whole ordeal. Poor little Xanny.

12 comments:

Shelley said...

I am so glad he didn't hate getting it on too much. And that is great news that it is already healing so quickly. The body is amazing!

Carrie said...

Xan is my wing man. I wish my sling was as cool as his cast. Let me know if you need any help with him during the day. Give my little buffalo wing a big hug from me.

Natalie said...

Holy Cow! Poor little guy!!

Heather said...

Ohhh! It's so sad, but so cute, too! I'm glad he was such a good sport for you. Hopefully he'll continue to heal fast!

Jenni said...

How sad is that! Poor little guy!!!

Unknown said...

That is so sad Crystal!

AW Cake! said...

Poor guy - he looks so sad! Hopefully the next couple of weeks goes by quickly for both of you!

Marianne said...

He's such a good sport. Poor little dude.

Jill said...

Oh that little face! I just want to squeeze him...although, I wouldn't want to hurt his arm. :-) Now he has cool stories to share when he's older.

Shanna said...

Ohhh! That is so sad! Hopefully that will be his last broken bone ever!

Joella Kingsbury said...

Poor little guy! Sounds like he dealt with it well.

Rachel said...

:( so sad, I'm glad it's healing up!!