Friday, January 29, 2010

Betcha Didn't Know

Micah has been learning about weather this week in Preschool. The other day after he came home and we were eating lunch he said to me, "Mom, why do the worms come down in the rain?" I explained to him that the worms are underground and that when they "hear" the rain drops then they come up to the surface of the ground. He listened patiently then gave me a funny look and said "No Mom. The worms come down inside the raindrops." I laughed and asked where he heard that. He told me, "At Preschool. We read a book about it and it said that the worms are in the rain and come down." I replied (because there is no talking logically to a stubborn 4-year-old) that he should talk to his dad about it when he got home. Dad said the same thing as Mom about the worms, but he still doesn't believe us. We asked him "Well, why don't you get worms in your hair when it rains then?" His answer: "Because I have my hood on." Duh!

The moral of the story is: Always wear your hood when it's raining so you don't get worms in your hair, apparently!

10 comments:

Shelley said...

Ewww...I'm glad that's not the way it really works!

Marianne said...

Didn't know that...I'm glad he's here to fill us all in! You better ask Carolee about that one!

Jenni said...

That's cute! I love that you told him to talk to his dad about it because that's exactly what I do in those situations.:)

Unknown said...

Where does he go to preschool? lol That is so funny and something that I didn't know! :)

Linda Barton said...

Next time, dare him to open his mouth and catch a rain drop!

Heather said...

That is so cute. I miss you guys!

Joella Kingsbury said...

I love it! Must have been a very good book!

Jill said...

You may want to seriously consider switching pre-schools! lol Just Kidding. I love that he stands by what he learned at school, rather than listen to you and Dustin...aren't all kids that way:-)

Rachel said...

To cute! Kids are so silly, I love what they come up with.

Shauna said...

I don't know where he got that from! We read a book about who like rain and worms were in it but we never talked about it raining worms. At least he was listening to the story. Sorry!