Friday, July 18, 2008

4th of July

For the Fourth of July, we went to the fireworks at the Riverton City park. Greg went with us and we had a blast. Micah sat on my lap for the fireworks and he just giggled and giggled at them. He really loved them, and kept telling me "That one was as big as the sky!" So cute! Jacob had a lot of fun watching them too. He kept measuring them with his arms and legs, to see how big they were. When I asked them which were their favorite fireworks, they both said "All of them!" We had a lot of fun, even though I forgot my camera. And no, we didn't get a funnel cake.

During the day before the fireworks, we got out the slip-n-slide and a Thomas sprinkler. The boys had a great time running through the water. And it felt great cooling down on such a hot day!

Dustin showing the boys how it's done!Jacob on the Slip-N-Slide

Micah giving it a try

Running through the Thomas sprinkler


The next day (Saturday), we went to my sister's house to do fireworks. The kids had a lot of fun with those until one of the "flowers" went crazy and got too close. And they didn't like it much when the smoke would blow in our faces. Oh, and Dustin burned his toe when an ember from the lighting stick fell on his foot.
The boys enjoying the smoke?
The firework clan + me and Robert
Robert & David lighting fireworks

Independence Day is a great time to reflect on the blessings of living in this nation. I am grateful to live in this country with all the freedoms that we have. I am so thankful to those who fought to give us this freedom, and those who continue to fight to protect our freedom. I support our troops, wherever they may be, and I am grateful for their sacrifice and the sacrifices of their families. God bless our troops. God bless America!

2 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Glad you all had a good 4th. The boys look like they had fun. That means Dustin too! Glad he didn't hurt himself on the slip-n-slide. I have a feeling I would crash and burn!
Hey! Paul,Joella, the kids and me and my girls are coming to UT for Ruth's birthday in a few weeks. Girls afternoon still sound good?
P.F. Chang's????

Joella Kingsbury said...

Looks like a fun 4th of July!! Can't wait to see you guys in Aug.