Thursday, April 15, 2010

I have the best friends!

I am one lucky girl! I have the best friends in the world! I wasn't sure how today would go. My friend Deb's mom passed away and her funeral was today. I was so glad that I could go and support my friend. But it made me realize how fast life goes by. I hadn't seen Deb in years and I felt bad that I haven't been a better friend. I have great memories of times with her, and memories of her sweet mom. I'll be better at calling Deb, I promise!

Two of my sweet friends were so willing to help me out by watching my boys so I could go to the funeral. Then as a surprise, when I get back, Rachel tells me that Marianne's oldest daughter is going to watch all the kids so the three of us can go to lunch without the kiddos. Are they sweet or what! We call Carrie too, but she's screening her calls apparently ;) We have so much fun at lunch. We laugh, and laugh, harass the poor waiter, laugh more, plot on how to make windows, eat, laugh again, harass more, eat, get too many refills of DP, laugh some more, get locked in the bathroom, etc. We had a great time! Thanks for so much fun!

Then I get home to treats on my doorstep, sweet messages on the voicemail, more visits from sweet friends. It was so great to be able to just hang out all day! I love talking to my friends, and I'm so lucky that they all live so close!

When Dustin gets home he and the boys have some birthday presents for me. I love the gifts the boys pick out on their own. One of the highlights is the orange and yellow nail polish. I think they'll be my "winter" nail colors. Or maybe I'll wear the bright orange on Sunday. I love your gifts, boys! Thanks sweethearts!

Then for the finale, I get to go to dinner at another friend's home and we play games with a big group of us! Yummy dinner and funny conversations. And then I get to blow out the candles on the cake after they sing! (and almost light the cake on fire trying to light the candles. Come on, I'm not that old yet!) Oh did I mention more laughing?! We had so much fun! I am so blessed to have so many great and amazing friends! I love you guys! Thanks for making this a happy birthday!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Tonight was soooo fun! I'm so glad you got to win on your b-day! I'm glad you had such a fabulous day! You are a fabulous friend and deserved every minute of it. I love you tons and am so happy to call you my good friend. Happy Birthday!

AW Cake! said...

Sounds like a really great birthday! I'm glad it was such a good time. Happy Birthday, Crystal. :)

Shanna said...

Crystal, you're wonderful! I'm so glad you had a great day! Love ya!

Shelley said...

Sometimes it is hard to have a fun birthday when you have to be an adult...so I am so glad you ended up having a great day! Happy birthday!

Marianne said...

You're so great! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day, you really truly deserve the best. Let's not wait until your next birthday to eat and laugh and eat some more, okay? :) Love ya!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday!

Rachel said...

And we are blessed to have you! I'm so glad you had a good Birthday! Lunch was a BLAST!! And of course bunco! Luv ya :)