Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Great Pumpkin



We have a giant pumpkin growing in our garden! Micah calls it the Monster. Carving this beast is going to be a nightmare! These aren't very good pictures of it because it is growing in the very back corner against the two fences. I had Micah stand on it to give some perspective. It's so fun to watch it as it keeps growing and growing and growing! Next year I'll have to make sure there's more room for the pumpkins to grow. Maybe plant them in the middle of the yard?! Hey, then we wouldn't have to mow...

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I need to grow pumpkins next year...I could always do without some grass to mow too! :)

Callie's Spot said...

We have some "Monster" pumpkins growing in our garden too. The only problem is they grew outside the fence into the alley. Hopefully no one runs over them!

Carrie said...

My bother-in-law cleaned his giant pumpkin out with his shop vac. It seemed to work pretty good.

Natalie said...

That looks so big! I am expecting some pumpkin pie to be made.