Friday, November 14, 2008

Daddy-Daughter Night

Bishop teaching the girls the Bunny Hop





Tonight was our ward's Daddy-Daughter dinner for the Activity Days girls. We had such a blast. It was a '50's theme and all the girls wore poodle skirts. A neighbor brought his Harley so that I could take pictures of the girls and their dads sitting on it. My awesome friend Carrie and her hubby taught dance lessons. It was so fun to watch the dads dancing and having fun with their daughters. And I have to mention the three brothers who came to dance with their sisters. They were such good sports!
And another big thanks to another awesome friend of mine, Marianne, who made (yes made) all of the poodle skirts for the girls. I'm so glad I have such talented friends. Thanks to everyone for helping make tonight a huge success.

6 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

That is so cute! I just love that! I wish I could have had that. And I'm glad my girls will get the chance. I'm sure you did an awesome job.

Marianne said...

Oh my cute!!! I can't believe how fun, I'm so sad that I didn't get to come! Thanks for making it so fun for the girls, and their Dads. Camille was so excited when she came back tonight, and even her stick-in-the-mud Daddy had a great time. You guys are so wonderful!

Rekehl Johnson said...

Wow that was fast! Brinley came home with a big smile on her face and said she had so much fun. That is an Awesome picture you caught of her and Derek! Love it! Would you mind emailing me a copy of it, I would love to put it in her scrapbook. I only wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see all the fun!

Rekehl

Shelley said...

We had a daddy daughter sock hop when I was in Beehives and it was so much fun. I still have pictures of me in my poodle skirt and my dad in his sunglasses and black jacket. I'm glad you guys got lots of use out of those skirts!

Heather said...

How cute! Those are the cutest skirts ever- what a fun idea. What to go ladies!

Jill said...

I am so sad we missed this! It looks like you had an awesome time!

BTW...you are looking very cute and round :-)