Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tradition!

No, I'm not going to sing the song from Fiddler on the Roof. (but now that I said that, I bet it's going through your head.)
I decided that this year I want to start a new holiday tradition-- something that the kids will enjoy, and it won't become one of those "oh, do we have to" things. What are some of your fun family traditions?

5 comments:

Shelley said...

On Christmas Eve, we always get new jammies and watch "The Santa Clause" while eating yummy things and drinking hot chocolate.

Leslie said...

Although Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, my favorite family tradition is becoming our New Year's Day fondue party.

Heather said...

We did a '12 days of Christmas' last year for a needy family. Not always feasible, but can be done simply when needed. My kids loved, I know it's something they will remember!

Marianne said...

Making Christmas sugar cookies is always a big hit! It's funner for the kids if mom does all the hard stuff first (like make the cookie dough, set out all the cutters, make the frosting before hand, get lots of sprinkles, etc). The kids can eat all they want and then you can decide as a family who you want to give them to (like a new family in your neighborhood, or their Primary teacher, etc.) The messier the better, right? Our other tradition is to decorate those huge gingerbread men cookies from Peterson's. And the tradition for mom and dad is to stay up late getting all the gifts ready, be woken up WAY to early by giggly kids, make a HUGE mess with paper and wrappings, eat TONS of candy, spend an hour removing barbies from their packages, then fall asleep exhausted on the couch while the girls watch a brand new movie. Love it!!

Tammy said...

We like to go and drive through the Christmas lights at Thanksgiving point and then come back and have hot chocolate and cookies.