Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Worst Punishment Ever!

We have, well really Dustin has, found the worst punishment for our kids. It is called (da da ta da)...
Lay's Chile Limon potato chips!
Dustin went to the store and brought home this "great new flavor" of chips. They are nasty! Just one bite and you're gagging and your eyes start watering and you search frantically for a drink. So instead of us just throwing the bag away, Dustin makes each of the boys eat one chip. Then he tells them that if they're not good, their punishment will be to eat a chip or two.

I can't believe how well it works! Just the threat of the nasty chips is usually enough to get them to behave. Best $1.88 we ever spent!

8 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

WOOHOO!! You go with what works! Good job! And good tip. I won't be trying those chips!

Marianne said...

Ha ha! I think that qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. lol

Shelley said...

My mom used to use Tabasco...I don't know if we've ever forgiven her for that one...

Kris Romeril said...

That is hilarious. I love it. Who knew.

Rachel said...

That is pretty funny! I've used jalapeno(no idea how you spell it) juice, works pretty well.

Jill said...

Great! I can throw away all my parenting books and just buy a bag of chips! Totally hilarious! You better not eat any...the baby doesn't deserve heart burn yet.:-)

Heather said...

Hilarious! John loves to buy the off-the-wall flavors, also- salt and pepper chips? Yuck! That's pretty funny, make sure you always have a bag handy!

Carrie said...

Does it work on potty talk?
Your boys are angels when would they ever need to be disciplined.?
Can I have the bag, Emma has gotten pretty lippy these days?