So the school called me again the other day (April 29). Yup, you guessed it. Jacob got hurt on the playground. Again. This time he had a cut on the back of his head. When we got home and I was cleaning the wound I decided that I should take him over to the InstaCare and see if it needed stitches. No stitches needed, but it did require three staples to close it. Poor kid. We told him that we're going to make him wear his helmet to school so that he doesn't get hurt anymore. He wasn't too excited about that, but it did make him smile. He was so brave during the procedure and I'm so proud of him. We were able to go in and get the staples removed on Saturday and he said that it didn't hurt at all. What a good kid. He is so active that I'm sure we will spend a lot of time in ER's and InstaCares. The joys of being the mother of boys, I guess.
Here are a couple pictures of his staples.

5 comments:
I am just waiting for this day...boys are such little dare-devils!
Ouchie! Poor Jacob! We've had similar wounds around here too. Yep, the joys of mothering boys. Hey, at least we don't have the emotions running wild and the grudges. Boys just fight to get it out and then they're done. That's kinda nice!
What a brave boy. I am not looking forward to injuries that come with active boys...maybe Jack will be more calm because of his sisters. but wait,...I thought your Jacob was one of the calmest boys I know! I guess there's just no avoiding it. I'm glad he's ok.
Ouch!!!! That looks like it hurts! I'm glad he's okay! He's one tough kid!
Poor Jacob! On good thing about only having girls!
Post a Comment