Friday, February 12, 2010

A Conversation

This is the conversation between Micah and I today after lunch.

Micah: I was happy until you came and ruined my life.
Me: What?
Micah: I was happy until you came and ruined my life.
Me: Are you saying that to me?
Micah: Yes.
Me: Where did you hear that?
Micah: I made it up.
Me: How did I ruin your life? (Holding back laughter)
Micah: You laughed at me.
Me: When?
Micah: You remember!
Me: No I don't. When?
Micah: When I was feeding the fish.

When Micah went to feed the fish today, the fish saw him with the food and got excited and splashed water on his shirt. I asked him what happened (because he was whining) and said I was sorry that he got splashed. I even gave him a hug. Then Dustin came in and I laughed a little and said, "Look what the fish did to Micah's shirt." Dustin laughed and laughed, and played with Micah a bit. And then we all laughed about it. Now, did Dad get in trouble for laughing? Oh no. Not at all. But apparently Mom can't laugh at anything because it will ruin your life!

Are you sensing a double standard here, or is it just me? What a funny kid!

12 comments:

DaNette said...

How old is he again? Is he even old enough to say things like "you ruined my life?" I thought that was reserved for teenagers.

Carrie said...

I am sure that is not going to be the last time you'll hear that, I can't wait until I hear that from my teenagers. That is so funny.

Crystal said...

Yeah DaNette, he's four. Four! I am in soooo much trouble!

Marianne said...

Get used to it. That won't be the last time you hear that. I've heard it already several times and don't have teenagers yet. *sigh* Why is it that Dad can do no wrong?

Crystal said...

(From Dustin) It's because they expect that kind of thing from Dad. When Mom says stuff like that it breaks their heart. They expect dads to be rude and a little callous.

Rachel said...

You big meanie! ;)

Unknown said...

I am sorry to tell you that as far as they are concerned you will be ruining their lifes for many years to come! lol

Heather said...

The story and these comments are really making me laugh. Mine haven't said I'm 'ruining their life'- yet. I'm sure it's bound to happen. Little Micah, talking like he's so big!

AW Cake! said...

Hahahaha!!! What a funny kid!

Joella Kingsbury said...

Very Cute!!

Natalie said...

That is hilarious! And since when can a fish splash water? I have got to see your fish. I saw your post below too. I don't mind getting up with the kids either. Hailey still doesn't sleep through the night.

Jenni said...

I'm so sad I didn't see this until now! That is so funny, yet sad at the same time. :)