Thursday, October 16, 2008

Professional Pumpkin Movers For Hire

Micah and The Monster (our biggest pumpkin)

Moving The Monster
Yes, that is our friends Ranger that it's being moved on

Our COW (Casualty of War)
Thank goodness it wasn't The Monster!

The Vaders' Pumpkins

Moving pumpkins at Burtons (This was the Scale-Buster)

All the kids with the Burtons' pumpkins

Our cute porch, the morning after

Okay, I know that was a bunch of pictures to scroll through, but it's my blog and I wanted to put that many pictures up. So deal with it.

We had a great time moving our pumpkins last night. The Burtons, the Vaders, and us all had giant pumpkins that we grew so we had a pumpkin moving party. We started off with a nutritious dinner of pizza to get our energy up for the big moves. We went from house to house and moved all the pumpkins. The Vaders got the prize for the most big pumpkins (four), with their biggest weighing in at 110 pounds. Our biggest pumpkin was 210 pounds. And the Burtons won the first prize for their Scale-Buster of 300+ pounds (it really did break the scale at 300 pounds)! We finished off the night with some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! What a fun night! I can't wait for next year!

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Wow! Those pumpkins are unbelievably HUGE! Especially the 300 pound one. Looks like a fun night! Question: what do you do with them when you're done?!

Marianne said...

Do we put our request in to you, or Carrie, or Shauna, for pumpkin pies? :) Looks so awesome! I'm so bummed our pumpkins didn't even grow this year, not one little bit. :( Can I come over take pictures of my kids in front of your pumpkins?

Crystal said...

I have thought that too, "What do we do with them when Halloween and Thanksgiving are over?" I guess then we can have a pumpkin smashing party. Sure Marianne, come take pictures. I don't mind. And I believe that Carrie is in charge of the pumpkin pie orders :)

Marianne said...

Hey Crystal - congrats on your new little boy! We're so excited for you guys, you make the most adorable boys in the whole world.

Unknown said...

Another little Wixom boy is coming?
Very exciting!! I need some help growing huge pumpkins next year. I successfully killed 8 plants!!

Carrie said...

I might have spilled the beans on your new Micah. Great Pictures.The Vaders are going to grow a monster one next year, as soon as we steal some seeds from Shauna.

Heather said...

Awesome pumpkins! Looks like tons of fun. We are so happy that you'll be getting another little boy! Please share some pie with us!!

EHA said...

Crystal, That's amazing! There must be some good pumpkin growing nutrients in the soil in Riverton. We didn't even get our pumpkin plant to grow.

PS. Congratulations!! When are you due!