Friday, March 20, 2009

Updates

My baby is three weeks old today! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday that I was pregnant, yet it feels like Xan has always been here and a part of our family.



I also want to let you know what happened to Jacob. On Wednesday, just as school should have been starting, I got a call from the school telling me that Jacob had fallen in the playground and was all scraped up and that he'd probably get a black eye. So I loaded Xan and Micah up and we went to pick him up. He had a huge bump on his forehead and his forehead and cheek were all scraped up. He looked terrible. So I brought him home, gave him some Motrin for the pain, and put some medicine and new bandages on his face. Poor kid. He was playing on the Kindergarten playground and was running and tripped and fell face first onto the sidewalk. Here's a picture of his poor face. He is feeling better now and will hopefully heal soon.
This is a couple days after the accident.
It looks much better than it did just after the fall.


6 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm so sorry about that! I hope he heals up quickly. I'm starting to understand that boys get hurt quite a bit. But it's still no fun for anyone. If you ever need me to pick him up from school, just let me know.

Jenni said...

Can't wait for the pictures! Too bad about poor Jacob! Hope he's doing much better now! P.S. You haven't responded to my email yet. :)

Shelley said...

I am glad life with 3 boys is under control. I had no doubt you could handle it. :) I hope Jacob feels better soon!

Linda Barton said...

With all those boys, you need stock in Baindaid brands. Also, a good plastic surgeon on speed dial for the facial lacerations, is a must!

Joella Kingsbury said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. I can't believe that Xan is already 3 weeks old. Hopefully we will get to stop by and see all the boys in May.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.