A couple weeks ago, when it was still pretty warm weather, I was outside with the boys. I stepped off the sidewalk out into the grass and two little garter snakes went slithering away. I was a bit startled at first but then I yelled to the boys to come look. Jacob has wanted a pet snake or lizard for a long time, and has made a fun little habitat in one of my rubbermaid totes. He wanted me to catch one so he could keep it as a pet. I snagged one of the snakes and told the boys to go get their tote. Yup, I stood there holding one wriggly snake while corralling the other in the grass to make sure it didn't get away. When the boys got the tote to me (and let me tell you that it's pretty heavy because of the dirt they put in the bottom) we put the first snake in and then quickly caught the other so it could join his friend. Here are pictures of the two snakes in their new home. The boys even put in some fake lizards and snakes to keep the real ones company.


The snakes were actually pretty cool looking: one had light blue eyes, and the other had yellow stripes. Now I ask, How cool a mom are you?
Note to animal rights people: We kept the snakes for that day, and let them go before sunset so they could find a place to go before it got too cold. We even gave them water and potato bugs.
11 comments:
LOL! You're a great Mom, and definitely one of the coolest I know!
NOT that cool.
You are the coolest Mom ever! :)
I agree! You are the coolest mom! i wouldn't have done that!!!
I'm not cool, no, not at all! Wow, Crystal, I am impressed!
I thought you said little snakes! The look ginormous to me!! eeewww!!!
Totally..Cool Mom of the year!
I caught a grasshopper once for the frog but, that doesn't even compare to two snakes
There is no way in hell (sorry, that is the only inappropriate appropriate term for this situation) that I would ever pick up SNAKES for my little boys, no matter how much they wanted them!!! I am so, totally not a cool mom and perfectly fine with that, thank you. You are a one of a kind cool mom!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yuck! I hate snakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that enough of a statement?
You are cool! The things we do for our boys.
Post a Comment